There was an error in this gadget

Monday, July 4, 2011

The Heart of Another

You know I have always believed in honesty.  It has always been my greatest asset and at the same time my greatest liability.  Telling the truth has saved me, but it has gotten me in so much trouble.  It has been said that the unexamined life is not worth living.  Tonight I discovered another secret about a friend.  I always thought I was really good at reading people, but tonight I figured something out.  This person, who I do truly care about, considers me one of his best friends.  I will say this...Most people don't surprise me, but this person shocked the hell out of me.  I tend to think that I am just one person with not much more to offer than what you see, but this person makes me feel like a million bucks.  I don't always claim to understand what goes on in the heart of another man,but having a glimpse into the heart of a friend is more than I could ever ask for.

1 comment:

  1. Well said...and to echo your point, honesty is the best gift we can give or receive, if we are willing to face it. Thanks for sharing, nice post!

    ReplyDelete