There was an error in this gadget

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

What I Learned on Summer Vacation...


It's been 4 months now since I lost my job.  I didn't really like the job, but the money was nice.  In the months since that fateful day I have spent time getting to know myself all over again.  What did I learn?  Well I discovered that I could lose weight simply by getting my butt off of the couch and walking a couple of miles a day rather sitting around and feeling sorry for myself.  I learned that daytime television is mind numbing.  I discovered that our cats spend the day secretly plotting to escape the confines of our apartment and invade the neighbors backyard in hopes of catching the numerous hummingbirds that taunt them day in and day out.  I found out that I really do enjoy sleeping past 9am every morning.  I noticed that the mail does not come at the same time everyday.  I learned that I really enjoy not having to drive everyday.  I came to the conclusion that the merchandise at Crate & Barrel seems to be getting cheaper and I don't mean by price.  I learned that I spend way too much time on Facebook.  I discovered that I can get by without spending so much money every weekend.  I noticed that a lot of other people are out work right now, too.

Bottom line: I discovered that I am more fortunate than most and that I will survive this and I will be better for it in the end.  Most of all I discovered that the people who count the most in my life are still there - standing right beside me.

No comments:

Post a Comment